Thursday 20 December 2012

Toys R Us Invasion + Midtown Comics


Hullo All!

I'm determined to tell you guys about more of the stuff I've been backlogged with before another set of events pile up behind it! I've been so engrossed with art recently. I'll tell you guys about that next!

So remember when my brother and I went to the Harry Potter: The Exhibition? Well, we finished the exhibition pretty early so we decided to walk around in the area near by. Naturally as Discovery Times Square was, well, near Times Square, we decided to go into one of the stores that we have yet to visit: Toys R Us!

We haven't gone into this store even during our first ever time in New York back in 2001. The only other time I remember going to a Toys R Us was in HongKong when we were much younger!

Finally, I see the famous Ferry's Wheel inside!

All the expensive iPhone cases! ;__;


Not a bit Adventure Time fan but I couldn't help but be amused!

Ugly Dolls! No, that's really what they're called.

My brother loooves pandas!

Shocked, serious and crazy-eyed owls!

Monster High dolls! I have to admit, these are really tempting! Darn you, Mattel!

Ninja photo of a baby! But, whoops, she saw me!


Calico Critters are so cute!!! Look, hedgehog!!!

I want all of the Schliech animal figurines! All of them.

Avengers/Comic book hero section! Had the most number of parents shopping for their little boys!

OMG blast from the past! Furby has got to be one of the creepiest toys they've ever come out with. Why did they put it back on the market?! These are the things that Haunted Stitch Dolls are made of. ;__;

This FurReal doll is similar to my very, very first toy! I can't believe things like this are still around! They bark, robotically sit and then do a backflip!

Disney Princess dolls!!!

I apologize for my brother. =_=

My favorite princesses next to each other! Destiny!

Now this is actually a really pretty Barbie doll--it reminds me of her looks back in the 90's. But then you look at her label and realize:

It's actually a Bella Swan Barbie. Why, Mattel, why?

However, awesome Sinatra and Elvis Barbies!

Jurassic Park in the building!!!

It's going to eat me!

Save us, Spiderman! (Trivia: he's my favorite Marvel super hero--and then X-Men)

Cutie kiddies getting their photo with the T-Rex!

Toy Story section! I want a replica of the actual Woody and Buzz!

Hello, Sheriff! Reach for the skies!

Look, doesn't it remind you of Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph?


After our look around Toys R Us (it was chaotic because it was already the holiday shopping season so we got out of there without buying anything. My brother and I kept walking around just looking for any new and interesting place before we found this:

Pretty much all of the comic book store from the Big Bang Theory came into my head.

All the comic and art books! The store was made of two floors! Both had awesome comics--new and old, as well as other graphic novel-related merchandise!

They have manga! Most of it is complete too which is so rare! It was quite a small section compared to the rest of their store though (but that's understandable).

My brother looking through all of the comics! There were so many issues here it was actually overwhelming! I ended up looking at the other merchandise (figurines, caps, shirts) rather than the comics themselves!


I didn't skimp on this section though: The Independent Comics section! You never know what gems here end up becoming the next big thing in graphic novels! These are how I got starte drawing and they're forever a refreshing source of inspiration.

In fact: looking through the independent section of the comics was how I found F.A.B.L.E.S in the first place! And that was also how I got acquainted with James Jean, one of my favorite artists! Seriously, make sure to also look through these--some stories have a lot of potential!

And with that, I end this post. Next post will be all about The Project For Awesome that just finished! Stay tuned!

Tuttah,
Mishie

No comments:

Post a Comment