Monday 31 March 2014

PHL Part 2: Thrifting! Second Time Around + The Wardrobe Boutique

Hullo all,

After Karen and I had our super yummy and overindulgent brunch at The Golden Standard Cafe, we hopped on a trolley and headed to our first stop: Second Time Around.


I know, I know-- "Mishie, you're in Philly, you should check out historical and cultural sights instead of going shopping!" I hear you! But this is how it is, folks!


The colors were so bright! I get so excited when I see a lot of color. I just want to put as much of it as I can into my life.


Second Time Around was definitely a less thrift-shop looking thrift shop (haha!) because everything was set up to feel like a boutique with a lot of one of a kind items.


GPOY--looking at myself in the mirror. Little known fact that I am willing to admit, I'm always sneaking a peek at any mirror around me. But then again, who doesn't nowadays!


WALL OF SHOES. I will be the first to confess that I have become quite obsessive with shoes in the last two years. If you told me three years ago that I would be lusting after shoes, I would throw one right at you. I think I now need a shelf like this in my life!


Karen almost knelt on the wet sidewalk to take this photo of me while we waited for the bus to our next destination. This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip! Lol, I'm biased.


I love all the angles of the buildings in Philly. Some of them look really old and historical right next to these more modern ones.


We made it to The Wardrobe Boutique!

Proof of how windy/rainy it was that day! It was so funny that I captured this moment!




We actually just found this place through Yelp (it's amazing how many places you discover through that app, to be honest!) and we thought we'd give it a shot.







I quite liked the idea of a boutique-like thrift store, but all in all, I think the fashions in this one were definitely not for my age group.


Do you like to go thrift-shopping? Maybe if you live in the PHL area you can share with me more spots for when I visit again!


Tuttah,
Mishie

No comments:

Post a Comment